Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Happy 30th Birthday to my handsome hubs-to-be!


I'm attempting to try some new recipes tonight. Fingers crossed that I don't burn the house down. :)


I went to the Red Sox game last night and was fortunate enough to see a dear friend living out his dream. Alex will always be my favorite Tiger and I'm so happy for him & all he has accomplished. He has a beautiful wife and I wish them all the best! Oh how I miss college...





5 weeks till I'm reunited with my best friend and MOH, Kathleen Alfano! It will be my first official wedding event...my Sweet Southern Shower! I cannot wait to be back in Tuscaloosa. It might be a good idea to book my ticket soon...

Of course I've been bragging about my upcoming shower to my friends around here, and I've been shocked at how different weddings are up here!

1. No one has heard of a grooms' cake. They don't exist in Boston. This I just can't wrap my head around... who doesn't want an easy excuse to have a chocolate cake?!? ( we're having one by the way, even though chef still doesn't understand what the point is)

2. There's 1 shower and 1 shower only. When I was telling my co-teachers about all the possibilities of showers in the south they couldn't believe it. They had never heard of kitchen & gadget, stock the bar, monogram, gift card, his & hers, around the house showers just to name a few. What a bummer!

3. Oh, that's another thing! NO ONE embraces the monogram. Thank goodness I have a southern MOH who has gone above and beyond to bring as much southern charm as possible to this east coast wedding. And when it comes time for baby Doyle I can rest assured that he/she will be coming home from the hospital in a monogrammed onesie! And there will probably be seersucker involved too :)

So here's to my best friend & Maid of Honor who will never let my southern side die no matter where I may be living... I love you D.W













2 comments:

  1. I see many care packages sent to baby Doyle full of monogram gifts!!!! I can't wait!!! I love u so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete