Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oops!

I'm beginning to think it's time to start building an arc....The rain hasn't stopped around here for days. I really wouldn't mind this weather, except for the fact that I have 20 little ones to entertain all day. So we decided to take my kids for a walk today because our playground is flooded and it wasn't very enticing to change 20 pairs of pants, socks and shoes before lunch. Our walk was very productive up until we heard the famous last words "Oh uh, I need to go potty"! Usually this wouldn't be an issue, because we can get the kids back to our school in time to use the potty, but today wasn't the case. This child was beyond doing the potty dance, and it wasn't just for a pee-pee. So us quick thinking teachers knew there was a friendly grocery store near by and knew we could use their facilities. It's amazing how quickly you can get 20, 3-5 year olds to put a little pep in their step when you mention that a friend is going to have an accident. We rush into the store, find the bathroom and corral 19 preschoolers in the corner. There's only so many times you can sing. " I'm bring home a baby bumble bee..." After a couple minutes our little emergency potty child walks out of the bathroom and announces to the world, "Don't worry, it was just a fart!" Deep sigh of relief. And the day continues on.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment