Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 6

* a picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day


I love how cool, calm and collected she always appears. Her fashion sense is impeccable. And who wouldn't want to be a real life princess for a day? :)


Since chef works late nights now I've become the chef of the family. I know it may be hard to believe. I'm actually kinda falling in love with it. I think what frustrates me most right now is not having the proper tools. You'd think that being an engaged to a chef would come with a fully stocked kitchen?!? Nope. Not here. Not even close. I'm pretty sure my college kitchen was better stocked than ours is now. Apparently, before me, he would never cook at home. So then came me, and I fell in love with his food and now he doesn't have a choice but to make my favorite dishes upon request :) He's such a good sport about it too! What a lucky girl I am. 

We got a new cookbook the other day. It's called "ad hoc at home" and it's written by chef Thomas Keller. 

This cookbook is AWESOME! I highly recommend it to anyone from the beginning cook to the professional chef. And it doesn't hurt to have an adorable pig on the front. I've been toying with the idea of cooking my way through the book. Kind of like a Julie & Julia thing. I just might need a few more pots and pans first. 

So, remember the cute pig on the cover I was just referring to? Well take a look at the new addition to our family...


The hubs-to-be has some new ink. I've loved pigs since I can remember, so this is just one more thing that lets me know that I've definitely met the right man. Look closely at the pig's tail... That would be my favorite part <3

We went out to dinner at a great new restaurant called Temazcal on Boston's waterfront. Pork was on the menu...and also on his arm :) I'm so in love

219 days till the wedding! 15 days till I'm in Tuscaloosa for my first bridal shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment